Tryon Creek Family Trail Packet
Did you know that Tryon Creek State Park is one of the most popular outdoor destinations in Portland? There’s a reason for that! With its lush second growth forest, stately old-growth stumps, picturesque vistas, and ambling trails, the park is an ideal place for your family to get their nature fix.
Our packet for this park has all the elements to make your hike special. Use the map to go an adventure along 1.4 mile loop that passes by several distinctive stumps as it travels across the creek and back. With stickers, your child can explore on a scavenger hunt for slugs, woodpeckers, squirrels, snails, and more.
Our hands-on Field Guide for this packet celebrates the mighty forest ecosystem with activities focusing stumps, slugs, trees, and the forest floor. Kids will get to show off their counting and math skills with a tree ring activity. They will get to document their adventure on pages devoted to insects and animals of the forest.
All materials are hand-illustrated. Perfect for kids ages 4-11. Designed to be used all year round.
Park Location: Southwest Portland, Oregon
- 11x17" Trail Map (hand-illustrated, waterproof paper) for the Nature Loop Trail, 1.4 mile loop, some elevation change
- 1 sets of 24 stickers of forest habitat nature finds
- 1 Super Nature Hero Sticker
- 1 16-page hands-on Field Guide (hand-illustrated), with activities about tree stumps, slugs, forest ecosystems, and woodpeckers
- 1 Super Nature Hero “Code of the Trail" to help instill best hiking practices
Shipping is Free. Packet delivery is about 3-7 business days. Email us directly at email@example.com for rush orders, wholesale pricing, or other product questions.
Additional Trail & Park Details
PARK ADDRESS: 11321 SW Terwilliger Blvd, Portland, OR
TRAIL DISTANCE: 1.4 miles
INCLINE: Some, about 150 ft
DOG POLICY: Yes, on leash
PARKING & FEES: Free
RESTROOMS: Yes, at Visitor Center
SPECIAL NOTES: Park has benches and lots of stumps for nature play