Steigerwald Lake NWR Family Trail Packet
Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge seems to be the best kept family nature secret of our region. Why do we say that? Because the Refuge offers so many awesome wonders…but doesn’t have the crowds. Want a great view of the Gorge and Mt Hood? Check. Want a hike where kids can roam without worry of drop offs or hills? Check that too. Want to see lots of animals? Triple check on that!
And as a bonus, Steigerwald Lake is also a great place to hike with a strollers and wheelchairs!
Explore all the wildlife that Steigerwald Lake has to offer along a trail that passes through grasses, woodlands, and wetlands. With the map and stickers, your child can seek out bald eagles, geese, birds, and turtles during their scavenger hunt.
The hands-on Field Guide has activities that will answer that ponderous question: where to turtles go in winter? Kids will learn all about the birds with maze, observation, and coloring activities throughout.
All materials are hand-illustrated. Perfect for ages 4-11. Great all year round. Go in the fall, winter, and spring for the best migratory bird and bald eagle sightings. Go in summer to see the purple martins, other song birds, and turtles.
Park Location: Camas, Washington
Trail is wheelchair accessible.
- 11x17" Trail Map (hand-illustrated, waterproof paper) for the 2 mile out-and-back, minimal elevation change
- 1 sets of 24 stickers (hand-illustrated,waterproof) of turtles, eagles, geese, and other wetland nature finds
- 1 Super Nature Hero Sticker
- 1 16-page hands-on Field Guide (hand-illustrated), with activities about the Columbia River Gorge, birds, and turtles
- 1 Super Nature Hero “Code of the Trail" to help instill best hiking practices
Shipping is Free. Packet delivery is about 3-7 business days. Email us directly at email@example.com for rush orders, wholesale pricing, or other product questions.
Additional Trail & Park Details
PARK ADDRESS: 35001 Lewis and Clark Hwy, Washougal, WA
TRAIL DISTANCE: 2 miles
DOG POLICY: Not allowed
PARKING & FEES: Free
RESTROOMS: At the Parking Lot
SPECIAL NOTES: Due to its location at the entrance of the gorge,
the park can have strong wind gusts in the winter months