Steigerwald Lake NWR - Washougal, WA
Our Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge family trail packet is the perfect way to explore the best kept secret of the Columbia River Gorge with your kids. Known as the "Gateway to the Gorge," Steigerwald Lake offers views of Mt Hood and Vista Point, access to two wetland lakes, and year-round opportunities to see some of the areas most magnificent wetland wildlife.
Your packet features hands-on material focusing on birds, turtles, frogs, dragonflies and more, with fun illustrations and a maze to engage your kids. Because birds seasons change throughout the year, this is a great park to go back to again and again.
- 11x17 Trail Map, hand-illustrated on waterproof paper, for 2 mile out-and-back hike.
- 1 set of 24 nature stickers, on water-proof vinyl, to use with your family adventure on a scavenger hunt
- 16-pg "Field Guide," hand-illustrated, with activities about Columbia River Gorge geology, birds, and turtles
- The Super Nature Hero's "Code of the Trail" to help instill good hiking principles
- Celebratory "Super Nature Hero" Sticker
*Get with one set of map stickers, or an extra set for just $2 more.
Additional Trail & Park Details
PARK ADDRESS: 35001 Lewis and Clark Hwy, Washougal, WA
TRAIL DISTANCE: 2 miles
DOG POLICY: Not allowed
PARKING & FEES: Free
RESTROOMS: At the Parking Lot
SPECIAL NOTES: Due to its location at the entrance of the gorge,
the park can have strong wind gusts in the winter months