Cooper Mountain Family Trail Packet
Expansive views of the Chehalem Mountains and Tualatin Valley, rich wildflower meadows, notable songbird sightings, and a stately white oak savanna are just a few of the features that make Cooper Mountain Nature Park a great place for a family hike. The park also features a playground, as well as a public sculpture that mimics a bird’s nest.
Use the map in this packet to hike one of the park’s family friendly trails through ponderosa pines, white oaks, and prairie meadows. With the stickers, your child can go on a scavenger hunt for flowers, bees, and songbirds.
The hands-on Field Guide for this packet includes listening activities to help your child distinguish the different kinds of birds of Cooper Mountain. They’ll learn earn about prairie ecosystems, the park’s trees, and be able to design their own work of public art.
All materials are hand-illustrated. With trail options on the map from 0.8 to 2 miles, this packet is perfect for kids ages 3-11. Packet is designed to be used all year round. For the best wildflower viewing visit in late spring and early summer.
Park location: Beaverton, Oregon
- 11x17" Trail Map (hand-illustrated, waterproof paper) for Cooper Mountain Nature Park, with options for hikes between 0.8 and 2 miles
- 1 sets of 24 stickers of birds, flowers, and bees
- 1 Super Nature Hero Sticker
- 1 16-page interactive Field Guide (hand-illustrated), with material on song bird and wildflower identification, tree finding, prairie ecosystems, park sounds, and public art.
- 1 Super Nature Hero "Code of the Trail" to help instill best hiking practices
Shipping is Free. Packet delivery is about 3-7 business days. Email us directly at email@example.com for rush orders, wholesale pricing, or other product questions.
Additional Trail & Park Details
PARK ADDRESS: 18892 SW Kemmer Rd, Beaverton, OR
TRAIL DISTANCE: 0.8 to 2 miles
DOG POLICY: Not allowed
PARKING & FEES: Free
SPECIAL NOTES: Park includes a playground area at parking lot