Canemah Bluff Family Trail Packet
This is the 2017 edition of this packet. The 2020 edition is only available to current Portland Explorers Club subscribers.
With its rock cropped meadows, lush green forest, dramatic river views, adjacent playground, and nearby Pioneer cemetery, Canemah Bluff Nature Park in Oregon City is a pretty great place for a family adventure any time of year. Situated high above the Willamette River, the park also marks what was once a major canoe landing location for Native Americans, making it a great place to learn all about local histories of the area.
Use the map in this trail packet to explore a set of loops through meadows and forests, with a detour along the way to the Pioneer Cemetery. With the stickers, your child can go on a scavenger hunt for fungi, slugs, birds, and flowers.
The hands-on Field Guide for this packet includes activities about some of nature’s most intimate wonders, including ferns and moss. And with pages about the Oregon Trail and the history of the nearby Chinook Canoe land, your child will have a useful introduction to local cultures and encounters during Portland’s earliest days.
All materials are hand-illustrated. Map and stickers are waterproof. Perfect for kids ages 4-11.
Park Location: Oregon City, Oregon
- 11x17" Trail Map (hand-illustrated, waterproof paper) for nature trails ranging from 0.9 mile to 2 miles in length. Longer trail includes some elevation change
- 1 sets of 24 stickers of wetland nature finds
- 1 Super Nature Hero Sticker
- 1 16-page hands-on Field Guide (hand-illustrated), with activities focusing on moss and ferns, forest and meadow habitats, and the park’s unique history.
- 1 Super Nature Hero “Code of the Trail" to help instill best hiking practices
Shipping is Free. Packet delivery is about 3-7 business days. Email us directly at email@example.com for rush orders, wholesale pricing, or other product questions.
Additional Trail & Park Details
PARK ADDRESS: 815 4th Ave, Oregon City, OR
TRAIL DISTANCE: 0.8 to 2 miles
INCLINE: Minimal on short loop, moderate on longest route
DOG POLICY: Not allowed
PARKING & FEES: Free
SPECIAL NOTES: Park includes a playground area at parking lot