Hoyt Arboretum - Redwoods Trail
With more than 2300 different kinds of trees and over 12 miles of hiking trails, Hoyt Arboretum is a pretty amazing place to explore the forest with your child. It doesn’t hurt that the park is also centrally located in Portland next to the Oregon Zoo!
In this special trail packet, Hoyt Arboretum’s mighty conifer trees take center stage. Kids get feel like tree experts, as the whole family explores the wonders of Pacific Northwest forest habitat.
Use the map with your child to explore the park’s Fir and Redwood loop. Your child can use the special evergreen themed stickers to spot all the difference among the trees on the loop during their scavenger hunt.
The hands-on Field Guide has activities that will further your child’s exploration. They’ll become a tree detective, learn the differences between fir and pine cones, and try their hand at a monkey-puzzle tree maze activity.
All materials are hand-illustrated. Perfect for kids ages 4-11. Map and stickers are waterproof. Designed to be used all year round.
Park Location: Forest Park in Portland, Oregon
- 11x17" Trail Map (hand-illustrated, waterproof paper) for 0.9 mile loop that includes the Arboretum’s special viewing platform. Minor elevation change.
- 1 sets of 24 stickers of evergreen cones, needles, and leaves
- 1 Super Nature Hero Sticker
- 1 16-page hands-on Field Guide (hand-illustrated), with activities about conifer cones, needles, and habitats.
- 1 Super Nature Hero “Code of the Trail" to help instill best hiking practices
Shipping is Free. Packet delivery is about 3-7 business days. Email us directly at email@example.com for rush orders, wholesale pricing, or other product questions.