Wapato Greenway - Sauvie Island Family Trail Packet
Located on Sauvie Island, Wapato Greenway State Park is the perfect nearby getaway for families. The park features a wetland lake, oak and grassland savanna, woodlands, river dock access, and an abundance of wetland and grassland wildlife.
Use the map in this packet to explore the trail’s different habitats. Stop along the way to listen for frogs and snakes, and watch for waterfowl. With the stickers, your child can go on a fun scavenger hunt for frogs, dragonflies, snakes, ducks, and other wetland wonders.
The hands-on Field Guide for this packet includes activities about amphibians and other wetland wildlife, wetland plants, white oaks, and more. Learn more the strange ball-like growth on white oaks called a oak apple gall. Use the drawing activity to draw your own wetland scene!
All materials are hand-illustrated. Perfect for kids ages 3-11. Packet is designed to be used all year round.
Park location: Sauvie Island, Oregon
- 11x17" Trail Map (hand-illustrated, waterproof paper) for options between 1.4 miles and 2.5 miles. All level, no elevation change.
- 1 sets of 24 stickers of dragonflies, ducks, frogs, and the like
- 1 Super Nature Hero Sticker
- 1 16-page hands-on Field Guide (hand-illustrated), with activities about oak apple galls, frogs, wetland plants, and more
- 1 Super Nature Hero “Code of the Trail" to help instill best hiking practices
Shipping is Free. Packet delivery is about 3-7 business days. Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for rush orders, wholesale pricing, or other product questions.
Additional Trail & Park Details
PARK ADDRESS: 18846 NW Sauvie Island Rd, Portland, OR
TRAIL DISTANCE: Between 1.4 & 2.5 miles
DOG POLICY: Yes, on Leash
PARKING & FEES: Free
RESTROOMS: Portable restroom at fishing dock
SPECIAL NOTES: Two picnic spots for snacking along trail